- 1 How big is Marion AL?
- 2 Is Marion County Alabama a dry county?
- 3 How big is Hamilton Alabama?
- 4 What is the crime rate in Marion Alabama?
- 5 What is there to do in Hamilton AL?
- 6 Is Hamilton al safe?
- 7 Is Alabama a state?
- 8 Is Decatur Alabama a dry county?
- 9 Is Alabama a dry state?
- 10 Is Mentone AL a dry county?
- 11 Is Hamilton Alabama a good place to live?
- 12 What restaurants are in Hamilton Alabama?
- 13 Who was Hamilton Alabama named after?
How big is Marion AL?
Hamilton was initially known as Toll Gate because it was the site of Alabama’s first toll collection gate. The toll gate was established by the Alabama Legislature in 1821 to help maintain the Andrew Jackson’s Military Road, built between 1816 to 1820 to connect Nashville and New Orleans.
Is Marion County Alabama a dry county?
Marion County is a county of the U.S. state of Alabama. As of the 2010 census the population was 30,776. The county seat is Hamilton. The county is a prohibition or dry county, however, the sale of alcohol is permitted within the cities of Guin, Hamilton, and Winfield.
How big is Hamilton Alabama?
Is Marion, AL Safe? The D- grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Marion is in the 15th percentile for safety, meaning 85% of cities are safer and 15% of cities are more dangerous.
What is the crime rate in Marion Alabama?
Marion has an overall crime rate of 13 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Marion is 1 in 78.
What is there to do in Hamilton AL?
Daycations and Staycations
- ROCK BRIDGE CANYON EQUESTRIAN PARK. 1942 State Highway 172.
- GUIN WATERPARK. 245 County Road 16.
- PASTIME THEATRE. 1052 Highway 43.
- BEAR CREEK CANOE RUN. 36676 U.S. Highway 43.
- BEAR CREEK LAKES* 1111 County Road 38.
- DISMALS CANYON. 901 County Road 8.
- CYPRESS COVE FARM** 1895 Highway 28.
- NATURAL BRIDGE PARK.
Is Hamilton al safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Hamilton is 1 in 33. Based on FBI crime data, Hamilton is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Alabama, Hamilton has a crime rate that is higher than 65% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Alabama a state?
Alabama, constituent state of the United States of America, admitted to the union in 1819 as the 22nd state. Alabama forms a roughly rectangular shape on the map, elongated in a north-south direction. It is bordered by Tennessee to the north, Georgia to the east, and Mississippi to the west.
Is Decatur Alabama a dry county?
Officials of the brewing industry say Decatur, with its population of 42,000, is the largest dry city in the nation.
Is Alabama a dry state?
Kansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee are dry states by default, and counties must specifically authorize the sale of alcohol. The 33 states that allow localities to go dry are: Alabama. Alaska.
Is Mentone AL a dry county?
Mentone Remains Dry Under New Law | AM 1180 Radio. Mentone, Alabama which is located just a few miles from the Chattooga County line on Lookout Mountain will remain dry under a new bill that was signed into law last week by Alabama Governor Bob Riley (R).
Is Hamilton Alabama a good place to live?
Hamilton is nice enough town. It is lacking in the entertainment area, but it has plenty of restaurants and a nice park. Rural community and slower paced life. We have access by interstate a vast majority of amenities without having to deal with the problems that come with it.
What restaurants are in Hamilton Alabama?
Expand your search.
- Los Amigos Mexican Grill. 20 reviews.
- Dinelli’s Pizza & Pasta. 35 reviewsClosed Now.
- Fajita Grill Mexican Restaurant. 18 reviews.
- Oh! Bryan’s.
- Huddle House. 29 reviewsClosed Now.
- Leonelli’s Coffee Buzz 495-3500. 13 reviewsClosed today.
- Bama-Q Pit & Grill. 24 reviewsClosed Now.
- McDonald’s. 5 reviewsClosed Now.
Who was Hamilton Alabama named after?
The city was first called Toll Gate, but its name later changed in honor of one of its distinguished citizens, Captain Albert James Hamilton (known as A.J. Hamilton), who had represented Marion County in the state legislature in the sessions of 1869, 1874 and 1875.