- 1 What is Marion County TN known for?
- 2 How big is Marion County Tennessee?
- 3 What county is South Pittsburg Tennessee in?
- 4 What restaurants are in Jasper Tennessee?
- 5 What is the county of Chattanooga TN?
- 6 Is Nickajack Lake man made?
- 7 Is Jasper TN a nice place to live?
- 8 What towns are near Jasper TN?
- 9 Is Jasper TN a safe place to live?
- 10 Is South Pittsburg TN safe?
- 11 Is South Pittsburg Tennessee a good place to live?
- 12 How big is South Pittsburg Tennessee?
What is Marion County TN known for?
In Marion County, you can see the beautiful mountains, picturesque Nickajack Lake, and the Tennessee River Gorge which runs for miles along Highway 41 and some of the most interesting old bridges in the south.
How big is Marion County Tennessee?
Jasper, Tennessee is in Marion County and a part of the Chattanooga, TN-GA Metropolitan Statistical Area. Jasper is 27 miles from Chattanooga.
What county is South Pittsburg Tennessee in?
Whitwell was incorporated as a city in 1956, having grown as a mining town due to the abundance of coal in the mountains near the town. In 1981 there was a major mining accident when 13 coal miners were killed in an explosion.
What restaurants are in Jasper Tennessee?
The Best 10 Restaurants near Jasper, TN 37347
- Tavern 55. 0.9 mi. Sports Bars, American (Traditional), Chicken Wings.
- Succotash. 5.2 mi. Cajun/Creole.
- Redpoint Inn. 0.9 mi.
- T’s Diner. 1.3 mi.
- Cafe 41. 0.5 mi.
- Rafael’s Italian Restaurant. 0.7 mi.
- Stevarinos Italian Eatery and Pub. 6.2 mi.
- Western Sizzlin. 1.2 mi.
What is the county of Chattanooga TN?
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office is located in Jasper, Tennessee. Under the direction of Sheriff Ronnie “Bo” Burnett, the office is responsible for conducting patrols and investigations inside of a 525 square mile area located in Southeast Tennessee.
Is Nickajack Lake man made?
Nickajack Lake is the reservoir created by Nickajack Dam as part of the Tennessee Valley Authority. The lake stretches from Nickajack Dam to Chickamauga Dam, passing through the city of Chattanooga.
Is Jasper TN a nice place to live?
Jasper Reviews Wonderful country town. The community of people always come together and work with each other. Friendly, enjoyable place to raise a family. There isn’t much to do in Jasper.
What towns are near Jasper TN?
Cities 30 miles from Jasper, TN
- 30 miles: Flintstone, GA.
- 30 miles: Rossville, GA.
- 30 miles: East Ridge, TN.
- 28 miles: Lookout Mountain, GA.
- 27 miles: Chattanooga, TN.
- 26 miles: Lookout Mountain, TN.
- 25 miles: Dunlap, TN.
- 25 miles: Monteagle, TN.
Is Jasper TN a safe place to live?
Jasper, TN crime analytics The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Jasper is 1 in 49. Based on FBI crime data, Jasper is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Tennessee, Jasper has a crime rate that is higher than 65% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is South Pittsburg TN safe?
Is South Pittsburg, TN Safe? The F grade means the rate of crime is much higher than the average US city. South Pittsburg is in the 2nd percentile for safety, meaning 98% of cities are safer and 2% of cities are more dangerous.
Is South Pittsburg Tennessee a good place to live?
South Pittsburg Reviews I like South Pittsburg because it is an affordable, friendly place to live. I grew up here and most of my family lives here. I enjoy living here because the river is nice, and there are great hiking spots. This is a town where nobody meets a stranger and anyone will reach a hand to help.
How big is South Pittsburg Tennessee?