- 1 What is Marion County known for?
- 2 What is the county for Ocala Florida?
- 3 What is the horse capital of the world?
- 4 Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
- 5 What is the racial makeup of Ocala Florida?
- 6 Is it safe to live in Ocala Florida?
- 7 Where should I live in Ocala FL?
- 8 What towns are around Ocala FL?
- 9 In what county is Tampa FL?
- 10 What is the richest town in Florida?
- 11 What is the richest country in Florida?
What is Marion County known for?
Today, Marion County is a major world thoroughbred center with more than 1200 horse farms. There are about 900 thoroughbred farms, totaling some 77,000 acres (310 km2). Ocala is well known as a “horse capital of the world.”
What is the county for Ocala Florida?
What is the horse capital of the world?
Lexington is the Horse Capital of the World, center of the Thoroughbred breeding universe and home to the Kentucky Horse Park, as well as the historic Keeneland Racecourse.
Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
Alligators can be found throughout all of Florida and in almost any body of water, but most common in the major river drainages basins and large lakes in the central and southern portions of the state. They also can be found in marshes, swamps, ponds, drainage canals, phosphate-mine settling ponds and ditches.
What is the racial makeup of Ocala Florida?
The racial makeup of the city was 72.9% White, 22.1% African American, 0.4% Native American, 1.2% Asian, <0.1% Pacific Islander, 1.8% from other races, and 1.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.7% of the population.
Is it safe to live in Ocala Florida?
Ocala is in the 51st percentile for safety, meaning 49% of cities are safer and 51% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Ocala is 26.36 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Ocala generally consider the east part of the city to be the safest.
Where should I live in Ocala FL?
Here are some of the best places to find Ocala property:
- Silver Springs: Highway 40 is the main road through Silver Springs, running east and west and is located just above Ocala to the northeast.
- Belleview: Located south of Ocala, and just northwest from Lake Weir.
What towns are around Ocala FL?
Area Towns & Cities
- City of Belleview. Looks as Lovely as it Sounds. LEARN MORE.
- City of Dunnellon. The Original Boomtown. LEARN MORE.
- Town of McIntosh. Relax in the Quiet of Horse Country. LEARN MORE.
- City of Ocala. Modern Charm in Classic Florida. LEARN MORE.
- Town of Reddick. A Warm & Welcoming History. LEARN MORE.
In what county is Tampa FL?
In Florida, Palm Beach is home to more billionaires than any other city. A total of 11 billionaires live in Palm Beach with a combined net worth of $61.6 billion. Of Palm Beach residents with a minimum 10-figure net worth, Thomas Peterffy is the wealthiest, worth an estimated $25.2 billion.
What is the richest town in Florida?
Pinecrest – median income: $130,900 Pinecrest is the wealthiest city in Florida. Residents average an income of $30,900. Homes cost an average of $1 million.
What is the richest country in Florida?
St. Johns County is the richest in the state of Florida, according to new information released this week from a national survey.