- 1 What cities are part of Marion County?
- 2 Is Hamilton Alabama a good place to live?
- 3 What is Hamilton Alabama known for?
- 4 How big is Hamilton Alabama?
- 5 Who is in charge of Marion County?
- 6 What is there to do in Hamilton AL?
- 7 Is Alabama a state?
- 8 What restaurants are in Hamilton Alabama?
- 9 Is Hamilton al safe?
- 10 How did Hamilton Alabama get its name?
- 11 Who was Hamilton Alabama named after?
- 12 What is the zip code for Hamilton Alabama?
What cities are part of Marion County?
- Aumsville. Population: 4215.
- Aurora. Population: 985.
- Detroit. Population: 205.
- Donald. Population: 995.
- Gervais. Population: 2620.
- Hubbard. Population: 3315.
- Jefferson. Population: 3280.
- Keizer. Population: 38585.
Is Hamilton Alabama a good place to live?
Hamilton is nice enough town. It is lacking in the entertainment area, but it has plenty of restaurants and a nice park. Rural community and slower paced life. We have access by interstate a vast majority of amenities without having to deal with the problems that come with it.
What is Hamilton Alabama known for?
Hamilton was initially known as Toll Gate because it was the site of Alabama’s first toll collection gate. The toll gate was established by the Alabama Legislature in 1821 to help maintain the Andrew Jackson’s Military Road, built between 1816 to 1820 to connect Nashville and New Orleans.
How big is Hamilton Alabama?
Who is in charge of Marion County?
Kerry Joseph Forestal was elected as Marion County Sheriff in November of 2018. As Sheriff, he has the responsibility of leading the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, which consists of over 800 employees; 428 Sworn Deputies, 56 Detention Deputies, and 327 civilians.
What is there to do in Hamilton AL?
Daycations and Staycations
- ROCK BRIDGE CANYON EQUESTRIAN PARK. 1942 State Highway 172.
- GUIN WATERPARK. 245 County Road 16.
- PASTIME THEATRE. 1052 Highway 43.
- BEAR CREEK CANOE RUN. 36676 U.S. Highway 43.
- BEAR CREEK LAKES* 1111 County Road 38.
- DISMALS CANYON. 901 County Road 8.
- CYPRESS COVE FARM** 1895 Highway 28.
- NATURAL BRIDGE PARK.
Is Alabama a state?
Alabama, constituent state of the United States of America, admitted to the union in 1819 as the 22nd state. Alabama forms a roughly rectangular shape on the map, elongated in a north-south direction. It is bordered by Tennessee to the north, Georgia to the east, and Mississippi to the west.
What restaurants are in Hamilton Alabama?
Expand your search.
- Los Amigos Mexican Grill. 20 reviews.
- Dinelli’s Pizza & Pasta. 35 reviewsClosed Now.
- Fajita Grill Mexican Restaurant. 18 reviews.
- Oh! Bryan’s.
- Huddle House. 29 reviewsClosed Now.
- Leonelli’s Coffee Buzz 495-3500. 13 reviewsClosed today.
- Bama-Q Pit & Grill. 24 reviewsClosed Now.
- McDonald’s. 5 reviewsClosed Now.
Is Hamilton al safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Hamilton is 1 in 33. Based on FBI crime data, Hamilton is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Alabama, Hamilton has a crime rate that is higher than 65% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
How did Hamilton Alabama get its name?
In 1881 Toll Gate won the site election. Captain Hamilton donated 40 acres of his land in Toll Gate to the Community to be sold in lots. The money from the lots was to be used to construct a new county courthouse. In his honor the new town was named “Hamilton”.
Who was Hamilton Alabama named after?
The city was first called Toll Gate, but its name later changed in honor of one of its distinguished citizens, Captain Albert James Hamilton (known as A.J. Hamilton), who had represented Marion County in the state legislature in the sessions of 1869, 1874 and 1875.
What is the zip code for Hamilton Alabama?