- 1 What is there to do in Marion County Florida today?
- 2 What is Marion County FL known for?
- 3 What is there to do in Ocala Florida for free?
- 4 Is there anything to do in Ocala?
- 5 Is Ocala worth visiting?
- 6 How far is Ocala from the beach?
- 7 Is Marion County Safe?
- 8 What is the horse capital of the world?
- 9 What’s Ocala known for?
- 10 What is there to do in Ocala Florida at night?
- 11 Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
- 12 What is open in Ocala FL?
- 13 What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
- 14 Is Ocala a good place to live?
- 15 Is Ocala FL safe?
What is there to do in Marion County Florida today?
15 Best Things to Do in Ocala (FL)
- Appleton Museum of Art.
- Ocala National Forest.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing and International Drag Racing Hall of Fame.
- Withlacoochee State Forest.
- Silver River Museum and Environmental Education Center.
- Canyons Zip Line and Canopy Tours.
- Hoggetowne Medieval Faire.
- Gypsy Gold Horse Farm.
What is Marion County FL known for?
Today, Marion County is a major world thoroughbred center with more than 1200 horse farms. There are about 900 thoroughbred farms, totaling some 77,000 acres (310 km2). Ocala is well known as a “horse capital of the world.”
What is there to do in Ocala Florida for free?
Top 10 Free Things to Do
- Stroll through Tuscawilla Art Park.
- Go to a Local Splash Pad.
- Explore Fort King National Historic Landmark.
- Walk around Ocala Historic Downtown Square.
- Take a Hike.
- Line Dance at our Community Centers.
- Catch a Flick at After Dark in the Park.
Is there anything to do in Ocala?
From crystal clear water to pine forests Ocala has it all. You can explore historical sites from the Seminole wars, arts and cultural museums, equestrian events, outdoor activities and hiking trails, National Forests, and one of the largest artesian springs.
Is Ocala worth visiting?
Today, Ocala isn’t the tourist hot spot that it once was. BUT, that doesn’t mean that it’s not worth a visit. Especially if you’re driving to southern Florida from the midwest or the Carolinas, Ocala actually makes a perfect stop for a day or two.
How far is Ocala from the beach?
Situated inland near the middle of Florida, the city of Ocala is 75 miles from the nearest ocean beach. However, white-sand beaches and tropical getaways can be found nearby in Ocala National Forest.
Is Marion County Safe?
The state of Florida, including Ocala/Marion County is currently in Phase III of the Safe.
What is the horse capital of the world?
Lexington is the Horse Capital of the World, center of the Thoroughbred breeding universe and home to the Kentucky Horse Park, as well as the historic Keeneland Racecourse.
What’s Ocala known for?
Ocala and the region’s freshwater streams, rolling hills and clean air remain unspoiled and have been used for Hollywood movies. Nearby Ocala is Silver Springs, a national landmark and nature theme park on 350 acres. Silver Springs is Florida’s “original attraction.” For more information,visit Explore Ocala.
What is there to do in Ocala Florida at night?
Best fun things to do at night in Ocala, FL
- Ocala Drive-In. 3.9 mi. Drive-In Theater.
- Arcade Bar. 34.3 mi. $ Dive Bars, Arcades.
- Painting with a Twist. 3.6 mi.
- Newberry Cornfield Maze. 40.8 mi.
- Lightnin’ Salvage. 35.3 mi.
- Barnstorm Theatre. 24.5 mi.
- AMF Galaxy West Lanes. 0.6 mi.
- Bushnell Motorsports Park. 35.1 mi.
Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
Best Alligator Farm in Ocala, FL
- GatorWorld Parks of Florida. 20.9 mi. Petting Zoos.
- The Canyons Zip Line & Canopy Tours. 6.5 mi. 139 reviews.
- Tom & Jerry’s Airboat Rides. 29.4 mi.
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens. 56.0 mi.
- Wild Willy’s Airboat Tours. 82.5 mi.
- Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures. 86.4 mi.
What is open in Ocala FL?
17 Best Things to Do in Ocala, FL — Top Activities & Places to Go!
- The Gypsy Gold Farm. 12501 8th Ave.
- Sholom Park. 7110 SW 80th Ave.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing. 13700 SW 16th Ave.
- Ocala Downtown Square. Ocala Downtown Square.
- Petting Zoo Ocala.
- Reilly Arts Center.
- The Blue Wagyu.
- Silver Springs State Park.
What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
Closest Beach to Ocala – Crystal River.
Is Ocala a good place to live?
Ocala isn’t just one of the most beautiful — and cleanest — places to live! A recent article by Yahoo! Finance depicted the 30 most affordable downtown areas to live across the United States. With a median home price of $248,700 and a median rent of $1,289, downtown Ocala, Florida ranked number ten on the list.
Is Ocala FL safe?
Ocala is in the 51st percentile for safety, meaning 49% of cities are safer and 51% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Ocala’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Ocala is 26.36 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.