- 1 What is there to do in Ocala at night?
- 2 What is there to do in Ocala for free?
- 3 What is there to do in Ocala tonight?
- 4 What is open in Ocala FL?
- 5 How far is Ocala from the beach?
- 6 Is Ocala worth visiting?
- 7 Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
- 8 Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
- 9 Is Ocala nice?
- 10 What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
- 11 Is there anything to do in Ocala?
- 12 Is Ocala FL safe?
- 13 What’s the crime rate in Ocala Florida?
- 14 What is the closest major airport to Ocala FL?
- 15 What does Ocala Florida have to offer?
What is there to do in Ocala at night?
Best fun things to do at night in Ocala, FL
- Ocala Drive-In. 3.9 mi. Drive-In Theater.
- Painting with a Twist. 3.6 mi. Art Classes, Paint & Sip.
- Arcade Bar. 34.3 mi. $ Dive Bars, Arcades.
- Newberry Cornfield Maze. 40.8 mi.
- Barnstorm Theatre. 24.5 mi.
- Lightnin’ Salvage. 35.3 mi.
- The Corkscrew. 1.1 mi.
- AMF Galaxy West Lanes. 0.6 mi.
What is there to do in Ocala for free?
Top 10 Free Things to Do
- Stroll through Tuscawilla Art Park.
- Go to a Local Splash Pad.
- Explore Fort King National Historic Landmark.
- Walk around Ocala Historic Downtown Square.
- Take a Hike.
- Line Dance at our Community Centers.
- Catch a Flick at After Dark in the Park.
What is there to do in Ocala tonight?
Below are 15 things do in and around Ocala, Florida.
- Appleton Museum of Art.
- Ocala National Forest.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing and International Drag Racing Hall of Fame.
- Withlacoochee State Forest.
- Silver River Museum and Environmental Education Center.
- Canyons Zip Line and Canopy Tours.
- Hoggetowne Medieval Faire.
What is open in Ocala FL?
17 Best Things to Do in Ocala, FL — Top Activities & Places to Go!
- The Gypsy Gold Farm. 12501 8th Ave.
- Sholom Park. 7110 SW 80th Ave.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing. 13700 SW 16th Ave.
- Ocala Downtown Square. Ocala Downtown Square.
- Petting Zoo Ocala.
- Reilly Arts Center.
- The Blue Wagyu.
- Silver Springs State Park.
How far is Ocala from the beach?
Situated inland near the middle of Florida, the city of Ocala is 75 miles from the nearest ocean beach. However, white-sand beaches and tropical getaways can be found nearby in Ocala National Forest.
Is Ocala worth visiting?
Today, Ocala isn’t the tourist hot spot that it once was. BUT, that doesn’t mean that it’s not worth a visit. Especially if you’re driving to southern Florida from the midwest or the Carolinas, Ocala actually makes a perfect stop for a day or two.
Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
Best Alligator Farm in Ocala, FL
- GatorWorld Parks of Florida. 20.9 mi. Petting Zoos.
- The Canyons Zip Line & Canopy Tours. 6.5 mi. 139 reviews.
- Tom & Jerry’s Airboat Rides. 29.4 mi.
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens. 56.0 mi.
- Wild Willy’s Airboat Tours. 82.5 mi.
- Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures. 86.4 mi.
Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
Alligators can be found throughout all of Florida and in almost any body of water, but most common in the major river drainages basins and large lakes in the central and southern portions of the state. They also can be found in marshes, swamps, ponds, drainage canals, phosphate-mine settling ponds and ditches.
Is Ocala nice?
Ocala isn’t just one of the most beautiful — and cleanest — places to live! A recent article by Yahoo! Finance depicted the 30 most affordable downtown areas to live across the United States. With a median home price of $248,700 and a median rent of $1,289, downtown Ocala, Florida ranked number ten on the list.
What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
Closest Beach to Ocala – Crystal River.
Is there anything to do in Ocala?
From crystal clear water to pine forests Ocala has it all. You can explore historical sites from the Seminole wars, arts and cultural museums, equestrian events, outdoor activities and hiking trails, National Forests, and one of the largest artesian springs.
Is Ocala FL safe?
Ocala is in the 51st percentile for safety, meaning 49% of cities are safer and 51% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Ocala’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Ocala is 26.36 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What’s the crime rate in Ocala Florida?
With a crime rate of 50 per one thousand residents, Ocala has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 20.
What is the closest major airport to Ocala FL?
What airports are near Ocala? The closest airport is Gainesville Regional (GNV) (35.62 mi). Other nearby airports are Orlando Sanford Intl (SFB) (61.06 mi), Daytona Beach (DAB) (65.08 mi), Orlando All airports (ORL) (65.91 mi) or St. Augustine Northeast Florida Regional (UST) (71.61 mi).
What does Ocala Florida have to offer?
Tucked into north central Florida in a region known as “horse country,” Ocala offers visitors winding community pathways lined with oak trees and dangling trellises of Spanish moss, and the opportunity to explore miles of untainted nature. Silver Springs is Florida’s “original attraction.”