- 1 What percentage of Marion County is black?
- 2 What is the racial makeup of Marion County Indiana?
- 3 What is the largest industry in Marion County Indiana?
- 4 Is Indianapolis a good place to live?
- 5 What percentage of Indianapolis is black?
- 6 What food is Indianapolis known for?
- 7 What is the most populated county in Indiana?
- 8 How big is Marion Indiana?
- 9 How many students are in Marion County Indiana?
What percentage of Marion County is black?
Race & Ethnicity The largest Marion County racial/ethnic groups are White (55.2%) followed by Black (27.6%) and Hispanic (10.4%).
What is the racial makeup of Marion County Indiana?
The racial makeup of the county was 62.7% white, 26.7% black or African American, 2.0% Asian, 0.3% American Indian, 0.1% Pacific islander, 5.4% from other races, and 2.8% from two or more races. Those of Hispanic or Latino origin made up 9.3% of the population.
What is the largest industry in Marion County Indiana?
The largest industries in Marion County, IN are Health Care & Social Assistance (65,440 people), Retail Trade (56,517 people), and Manufacturing (51,550 people), and the highest paying industries are Management of Companies & Enterprises ($107,558), Utilities ($81,518), and Professional, Scientific, & Technical
Is Indianapolis a good place to live?
If you’re looking to jumpstart your career, Indianapolis is ranked 21st in the US. This is due to the healthcare industry and growing technology sector. According to Forbes Magazine, the cost of living in Indianapolis is 7.6% below the national average making it a great place to both live and work.
What percentage of Indianapolis is black?
Today Indianapolis is a diverse, multi-ethnic city with a 30% black population and a total non-White population of 45%. The city continues to face extreme economic and health disparities between races.
What food is Indianapolis known for?
Everyone In Indianapolis Absolutely Loves These 10 Foods And Drinks
- A tenderloin sandwich. Tripofa L./TripAdvisor.
- Milkshakes or ice cream from Traders Point Creamery. Traders Point Creamery/Facebook.
- Fried pickles. Will Folsom/Flickr.
- Country fried steak.
- Craft beer.
- Sugar cream pie.
- Square donuts.
- Pulled pork.
What is the most populated county in Indiana?
Indiana’s 10 Most Populous Counties:
- Allen County. 363014.
- Hamilton County. 296693.
- St. Joseph County. 266709.
- Elkhart County. 200563.
- Vanderburgh County. 181398.
- Tippecanoe County. 180174.
- Porter County. 166557.
- Hendricks County. 153879.
How big is Marion Indiana?
Indiana population in 2021 is estimated to be 6.8 million, ranks 17th largest populous state in US.
How many students are in Marion County Indiana?
For the 2021 school year, there are 246 public schools serving 158,875 students in Marion County, IN. Marion County has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Indiana.