- 1 How many people over 65 live in Marion County Florida?
- 2 Is Marion County FL Rural?
- 3 How many square miles is Marion County Florida?
- 4 What percent of Marion County is black?
- 5 Is Ocala for old people?
- 6 What cities does Marion County cover?
- 7 What cities are part of Marion County?
- 8 How many seniors live in Marion County FL?
- 9 Is Ocala Florida a good place to live?
How many people over 65 live in Marion County Florida?
The number of Marion residents age 65 or older was 101,460 as of July 1, 2017, according to new Census numbers out this morning. It was 98,713 in 2016. The county’s total population is 354,353. The percentage of Marion County residents age 65 and older inched up from 28.4 in 2016 to 28.6 in 2017.
Is Marion County FL Rural?
Marion County is a combination of urban and rural areas with an abundance of natural beauty, outdoor activities, and all the conveniences and amenities of big-city living. Whether you’re looking for quit rural living or an urban atmosphere, Marion County, Florida could be an ideal place to call home.
How many square miles is Marion County Florida?
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 1,663 square miles (4,310 km2), of which 1,585 square miles (4,110 km2) is land and 78 square miles (200 km2) (4.7%) is water.
What percent of Marion County is black?
Race & Ethnicity The largest Marion County racial/ethnic groups are White (55.2%) followed by Black ( 27.6 %) and Hispanic (10.4%).
Is Ocala for old people?
With public parks, forests, bodies of water, museums and more, Ocala offers plenty of attractions and activities that are family-friendly and senior-friendly. Ocala is in the “horse country” region of north central Florida.
What cities does Marion County cover?
List of Towns and Cities in Marion County, Florida, United States with Maps and Steets Views
- Eastlake Weir.
- Fort Mc Coy.
What cities are part of Marion County?
- Aumsville. Population: 4215.
- Aurora. Population: 985.
- Detroit. Population: 205.
- Donald. Population: 995.
- Gervais. Population: 2620.
- Hubbard. Population: 3315.
- Jefferson. Population: 3280.
- Keizer. Population: 38585.
How many seniors live in Marion County FL?
Marion County, Florida Adults There are 287,543 adults, ( 101,238 of whom are seniors) in Marion County, Florida.
Is Ocala Florida a good place to live?
Ocala isn’t just one of the most beautiful — and cleanest — places to live! A recent article by Yahoo! Finance depicted the 30 most affordable downtown areas to live across the United States. With a median home price of $248,700 and a median rent of $1,289, downtown Ocala, Florida ranked number ten on the list.