- 1 What is Marion Indiana known for?
- 2 Is Marion in safe?
- 3 What towns make up Marion County?
- 4 Why does Indiana need to find Marion Indiana Jones?
- 5 Why did Julia Roberts get married in Marion Indiana?
- 6 What is the safest town in Indiana?
- 7 Is Marion County a safe place to live?
- 8 Where should I live in Ocala FL?
- 9 What towns are around Ocala FL?
- 10 What counties border Marion County?
- 11 What are rural areas in Indiana?
- 12 What percentage of Indiana is rural?
- 13 What percentage of Marion County Indiana is black?
What is Marion Indiana known for?
Marion is a city in Grant County, Indiana, United States. The population was 29,948 as of the 2010 United States Census. Marion is the birthplace of actor James Dean and cartoonist Jim Davis. It was the location of the wedding of actress Julia Roberts and singer Lyle Lovett in 1993.
Is Marion in safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Marion is 1 in 29. Based on FBI crime data, Marion is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Indiana, Marion has a crime rate that is higher than 92% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What towns make up Marion County?
- Aumsville. Population: 4215.
- Aurora. Population: 985.
- Detroit. Population: 205.
- Donald. Population: 995.
- Gervais. Population: 2620.
- Hubbard. Population: 3315.
- Jefferson. Population: 3280.
- Keizer. Population: 38585.
Why does Indiana need to find Marion Indiana Jones?
Marion Ravenwood is a fictional character who first appeared in the 1981 film Raiders of the Lost Ark. Played by Karen Allen, she enters the story when Indiana Jones visits her in Nepal, needing her help to locate the Ark of the Covenant with a possession originally obtained by her father, Dr. Abner Ravenwood.
Why did Julia Roberts get married in Marion Indiana?
Roberts’ publicist said the entire wedding was planned in two days. It was also revealed that the couple chose Marion because it was the church of one of the band’s bus drivers.
What is the safest town in Indiana?
Residents claim that Zionsville is one of the safest places to live in Indiana and they aren’t wrong. This small town not only boasts one of the lowest Indiana crime rates but it is also one of the lowest in the United States.
Is Marion County a safe place to live?
Marion County property crime is 57.2. (The US average is 35.4) NOTE: The city of Marion, Florida does not have FBI Crime Statistics. The closest similar sized city with FBI crime data is the city of Orlando, Florida.
Where should I live in Ocala FL?
Here are some of the best places to find Ocala property:
- Silver Springs: Highway 40 is the main road through Silver Springs, running east and west and is located just above Ocala to the northeast.
- Belleview: Located south of Ocala, and just northwest from Lake Weir.
What towns are around Ocala FL?
Area Towns & Cities
- City of Belleview. Looks as Lovely as it Sounds. LEARN MORE.
- City of Dunnellon. The Original Boomtown. LEARN MORE.
- Town of McIntosh. Relax in the Quiet of Horse Country. LEARN MORE.
- City of Ocala. Modern Charm in Classic Florida. LEARN MORE.
- Town of Reddick. A Warm & Welcoming History. LEARN MORE.
What counties border Marion County?
- Hamilton County – north.
- Hancock County – east.
- Shelby County – southeast.
- Johnson County – south.
- Morgan County – southwest.
- Hendricks County – west.
- Boone County – northwest.
What are rural areas in Indiana?
Overall the 72 predominantly rural Indiana counties included in this report are: Adams, Benton, Blackford, Boone, Brown, Carroll, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Crawford, Daviess, Dearborn, Decatur, De Kalb, Dubois, Fayette, Floyd, Fountain, Franklin, Fulton, Gibson, Grant, Greene, Hancock, Harrison, Henry, Huntington, Jackson,
What percentage of Indiana is rural?
In fact, less than 14% of Indiana’s total population lives in rural counties. Unless you live in an urban area, it may be hard to grasp the urbanization that is underway in the state.
What percentage of Marion County Indiana is black?
Race & Ethnicity The largest Marion County racial/ethnic groups are White (55.2%) followed by Black (27.6%) and Hispanic (10.4%).