- 1 What is the poorest county in Arkansas?
- 2 What is the wealthiest city in Arkansas?
- 3 What income is considered poverty in Arkansas?
- 4 What are the 5 poorest states in America?
- 5 Why is Arkansas so poor?
- 6 Who is the richest family in Arkansas?
- 7 How many Trillionaires are there?
- 8 What is the safest place to live in Arkansas?
What is the poorest county in Arkansas?
Arkansas: Phillips County The poorest county in the state and one of the poorest in the country, Phillips’ median household income of $26,652 a year is well below both the state median annual household income of $43,813 and the national median of $57,652.
What is the wealthiest city in Arkansas?
The richest town in Arkansas is Cave Springs. Cave Springs, just outside of Fayetteville, Arkansas, is one of the more moderately affluent places on this list. The cost of living is just 1.7% higher than the national average.
What income is considered poverty in Arkansas?
What are the poverty thresholds? In 2017, the national poverty threshold for a household of one person under age 65 was $12,752. If that person was 65 or older, the poverty threshold was about $1,000 lower, at $11,756.
What are the 5 poorest states in America?
The Poorest States in America
- Mississippi. Rank: 50th. Mississippi’s Poverty Rate: 19.6%
- Louisiana. Rank: 49th. Louisiana’s Poverty Rate: 19%
- New Mexico. Rank: 48th. New Mexico’s Poverty Rate: 18.2%
- Kentucky. Rank: 47th.
- Arkansas. Rank: 46th.
- West Virginia. Rank: 45th.
- Alabama. Rank: 44th.
- Oklahoma. Rank: 43rd.
Why is Arkansas so poor?
Poverty has many causes including a lack of education and skills to bring to the work force, a family’s geographic location, a lack of community support, family structure (specifically the number of earners in a family impacts the ability to make ends meet), incarceration, and income inequality.
Who is the richest family in Arkansas?
Walton Family, $94.8 Billion, Bentonville Walton, the founder of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville, is not only the wealthiest family in Arkansas but in the United States. The family is worth about $94.8 billion, up 3.85 percent from its estimated wealth in 2002.
How many Trillionaires are there?
As of 2018, there are over 2,200 U.S. dollar billionaires worldwide, with a combined wealth of over US$ 9.1 trillion, up from US$7.67 trillion in 2017. According to a 2017 Oxfam report, the top eight richest billionaires own as much combined wealth as “half the human race”.
What is the safest place to live in Arkansas?
According to SafeWise, the top 10 safest cities in Arkansas for 2021 are:
- Cave Springs.
- Bella Vista.