- 1 What is wrong with The Villages in Florida?
- 2 What is The Villages known for?
- 3 What is the nicest village in The Villages?
- 4 Why is The Villages so popular?
- 5 Is there a lot of STDS in The Villages florida?
- 6 Are there alligators in The Villages florida?
- 7 Is it expensive to live in The Villages florida?
- 8 How much money do I need to live in The Villages?
- 9 What are the HOA fees in The Villages?
- 10 What is the most expensive village in the villages florida?
- 11 How much are property taxes in the Villages in Florida?
- 12 Can you rent a house in The Villages Florida?
- 13 What are the disadvantages of living in a village?
- 14 Why the villages Florida is the most popular city to move to?
- 15 Can you live in the villages under 55?
What is wrong with The Villages in Florida?
Sinkholes. Sinkholes aren’t just a problem for The Villages, they occur in other places in Florida too. But over the last decade or so it seems like The Villages has seen more than its fair share of sinkholes following long periods of either very dry or very wet weather.
What is The Villages known for?
According to Blechman, the Villages made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for the world’s longest golf-cart parade by lining up 3,321 of them. There are other records the Villages holds. “We have the highest consumption of draft beer in the state of Florida,” one Villages official boasted in 2002.
What is the nicest village in The Villages?
Village of Duval is the best area for you to live in if you want to have the best proximity to anything and everything in The Villages. This neighborhood is the biggest in The Villages with 1,550 homes.
Why is The Villages so popular?
Today, The Villages is known for having the largest and most diverse collection of amenities of any community on the planet. Residents have access to an amazing collection of golf courses, recreation centers, and town squares, as well as an unparalleled number of clubs covering just about any topic you can imagine.
Is there a lot of STDS in The Villages florida?
As far as the numbers/percentages are concerned, you can see for yourself on the Florida Department of Health website that the disease totals in all three counties that make up The Villages combine to be just a very small percentage of STD’s in the state.
Are there alligators in The Villages florida?
Spring brings a time of greater activity among alligators in Florida, including the ones in lakes and ponds here in The Villages. Courtship has been taking place during the month of April.
Is it expensive to live in The Villages florida?
The cost of living in The Villages is above average for the USA, mainly due to the cost of housing. At the time of this writing, the median home price in The Villages was $268,600. Things like groceries, health, and transportation compare well with the US average in terms of affordability.
How much money do I need to live in The Villages?
Ryan Erisman, author of “The Villages Florida Book,” says the first thing people interested in the area want to know is “Can I afford it?” The official Village line on what it costs to live there is $1,039 a month, well within many couples’ budgets, even those heavily reliant on Social Security.
What are the HOA fees in The Villages?
At A Glance
- Price Range: $<100K – $2M.
- Age of Homes: 2007 – Present.
- Monthly HOA Dues: $145.
- New or Resale: Both.
- CDD: Yes.
What is the most expensive village in the villages florida?
Village of Sanibel has a median listing home price of $444.5K, making it the most expensive neighborhood.
How much are property taxes in the Villages in Florida?
Property Taxes Property taxes are based on the selling price of the home. The Villages Florida is located in 3 counties with rate ranging from $13 (Sumter County) to $18 (Lake County) per thousand. If you are a full time resident you qualify for a homestead exemption that is currently $50,000.
Can you rent a house in The Villages Florida?
Our Villages Rental – Our Villages Rental now has over 100 homes on the site and offers some great features that make searching for a rental even easier. You can search availability for specific dates, which is really helpful for those looking for a week or two week rental.
What are the disadvantages of living in a village?
Disadvantages of living in the towns
- There are not as many amenities as in city life.
- Opportunities in the villages are also scarce.
- If you do not have acquaintances in a town, job opportunities or success may also be scarce.
- Few educational advantages.
- Worse or lower quality job opportunities.
- Life in a town can be boring.
Why the villages Florida is the most popular city to move to?
Having an endless amount of necessities and options is also why The Villages, Florida, adds tremendously to a residents’ quality of life. It’s the largest Active Adult Community globally and provides countless opportunities for getting outside or staying active.
Can you live in the villages under 55?
Who Can Live in The Villages? The Villages is a retirement community for which at least one person in a household living in The Villages must be 55 or older. No one under the age of 19 may permanently reside in the Villages. You do not have to be 55 or older to buy a home in The Villages.