- 1 What is there to do in Ocala tonight?
- 2 What is there to do in Ocala Florida at night?
- 3 What is there to do in Ocala for free?
- 4 What is open in Ocala FL?
- 5 How far is Ocala from the beach?
- 6 Is Ocala worth visiting?
- 7 What is Ocala known for?
- 8 Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
- 9 Is Ocala a good place to live?
- 10 Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
- 11 What does Ocala mean in Spanish?
- 12 Is Ocala a safe city?
- 13 What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
- 14 What’s the crime rate in Ocala Florida?
What is there to do in Ocala tonight?
Below are 15 things do in and around Ocala, Florida.
- Appleton Museum of Art.
- Ocala National Forest.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing and International Drag Racing Hall of Fame.
- Withlacoochee State Forest.
- Silver River Museum and Environmental Education Center.
- Canyons Zip Line and Canopy Tours.
- Hoggetowne Medieval Faire.
What is there to do in Ocala Florida at night?
Best fun things to do at night in Ocala, FL
- Ocala Drive-In. 3.9 mi. Drive-In Theater.
- Arcade Bar. 34.3 mi. $ Dive Bars, Arcades.
- Painting with a Twist. 3.6 mi.
- Newberry Cornfield Maze. 40.8 mi.
- Lightnin’ Salvage. 35.3 mi.
- Barnstorm Theatre. 24.5 mi.
- AMF Galaxy West Lanes. 0.6 mi.
- Bushnell Motorsports Park. 35.1 mi.
What is there to do in Ocala for free?
Top 10 Free Things to Do
- Stroll through Tuscawilla Art Park.
- Go to a Local Splash Pad.
- Explore Fort King National Historic Landmark.
- Walk around Ocala Historic Downtown Square.
- Take a Hike.
- Line Dance at our Community Centers.
- Catch a Flick at After Dark in the Park.
What is open in Ocala FL?
17 Best Things to Do in Ocala, FL — Top Activities & Places to Go!
- The Gypsy Gold Farm. 12501 8th Ave.
- Sholom Park. 7110 SW 80th Ave.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing. 13700 SW 16th Ave.
- Ocala Downtown Square. Ocala Downtown Square.
- Petting Zoo Ocala.
- Reilly Arts Center.
- The Blue Wagyu.
- Silver Springs State Park.
How far is Ocala from the beach?
Situated inland near the middle of Florida, the city of Ocala is 75 miles from the nearest ocean beach. However, white-sand beaches and tropical getaways can be found nearby in Ocala National Forest.
Is Ocala worth visiting?
Today, Ocala isn’t the tourist hot spot that it once was. BUT, that doesn’t mean that it’s not worth a visit. Especially if you’re driving to southern Florida from the midwest or the Carolinas, Ocala actually makes a perfect stop for a day or two.
What is Ocala known for?
Ocala is located in Marion County. The city is well known for its hundreds of thoroughbred horse farms. Ocala and Marion County are known as the “horse capital of the world.” The horse farms are situated in attractive rolling green pastures. The area also features numerous rivers and lakes.
Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
Best Alligator Farm in Ocala, FL
- GatorWorld Parks of Florida. 20.9 mi. Petting Zoos.
- The Canyons Zip Line & Canopy Tours. 6.5 mi. 139 reviews.
- Tom & Jerry’s Airboat Rides. 29.4 mi.
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens. 56.0 mi.
- Wild Willy’s Airboat Tours. 82.5 mi.
- Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures. 86.4 mi.
Is Ocala a good place to live?
Ocala isn’t just one of the most beautiful — and cleanest — places to live! A recent article by Yahoo! Finance depicted the 30 most affordable downtown areas to live across the United States. With a median home price of $248,700 and a median rent of $1,289, downtown Ocala, Florida ranked number ten on the list.
Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
Alligators can be found throughout all of Florida and in almost any body of water, but most common in the major river drainages basins and large lakes in the central and southern portions of the state. They also can be found in marshes, swamps, ponds, drainage canals, phosphate-mine settling ponds and ditches.
What does Ocala mean in Spanish?
The city’s name was derived from Ocali, the Timucua Indian name for the province through which Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto passed in 1539; its literal meaning is unknown. After the Seminole Wars, Ocala evolved as an agricultural (citrus, corn [maize], cotton, and livestock) centre.
Is Ocala a safe city?
Ocala is in the 51st percentile for safety, meaning 49% of cities are safer and 51% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Ocala’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Ocala is 26.36 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
Closest Beach to Ocala – Crystal River.
What’s the crime rate in Ocala Florida?
With a crime rate of 50 per one thousand residents, Ocala has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 20.