- 1 Which county is Ocala FL in?
- 2 What cities are part of Marion County?
- 3 Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
- 4 Is Ocala a safe city?
- 5 Is Ocala FL a nice place to live?
- 6 How far is Ocala from the beach?
- 7 What is the best area of Ocala to buy home?
- 8 What towns are around Ocala Florida?
- 9 What is the county seat of Marion County?
- 10 What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
- 11 What is the closest major airport to Ocala FL?
- 12 What does the word Ocala mean?
Which county is Ocala FL in?
Ocala (/oʊˈkælə/ oh-KAL-ə) is a city in and the county seat of Marion County within the northern region of Florida, United States. As of the 2019 census, its population, estimated by the United States Census Bureau, was 60,786, making it the 49th most populated city in Florida.
What cities are part of Marion County?
- Aumsville. Population: 4215.
- Aurora. Population: 985.
- Detroit. Population: 205.
- Donald. Population: 995.
- Gervais. Population: 2620.
- Hubbard. Population: 3315.
- Jefferson. Population: 3280.
- Keizer. Population: 38585.
Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
Alligators can be found throughout all of Florida and in almost any body of water, but most common in the major river drainages basins and large lakes in the central and southern portions of the state. They also can be found in marshes, swamps, ponds, drainage canals, phosphate-mine settling ponds and ditches.
Is Ocala a safe city?
Ocala is in the 51st percentile for safety, meaning 49% of cities are safer and 51% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Ocala’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Ocala is 26.36 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
Is Ocala FL a nice place to live?
Ocala isn’t just one of the most beautiful — and cleanest — places to live! A recent article by Yahoo! Finance depicted the 30 most affordable downtown areas to live across the United States. With a median home price of $248,700 and a median rent of $1,289, downtown Ocala, Florida ranked number ten on the list.
How far is Ocala from the beach?
Situated inland near the middle of Florida, the city of Ocala is 75 miles from the nearest ocean beach. However, white-sand beaches and tropical getaways can be found nearby in Ocala National Forest.
What is the best area of Ocala to buy home?
Here are some of the best places to find Ocala property:
- Silver Springs: Highway 40 is the main road through Silver Springs, running east and west and is located just above Ocala to the northeast.
- Belleview: Located south of Ocala, and just northwest from Lake Weir.
What towns are around Ocala Florida?
Area Towns & Cities
- City of Belleview. Looks as Lovely as it Sounds. LEARN MORE.
- City of Dunnellon. The Original Boomtown. LEARN MORE.
- Town of McIntosh. Relax in the Quiet of Horse Country. LEARN MORE.
- City of Ocala. Modern Charm in Classic Florida. LEARN MORE.
- Town of Reddick. A Warm & Welcoming History. LEARN MORE.
What is the county seat of Marion County?
Marion County is the name of seventeen counties in the United States of America, mostly named for General Francis Marion: Marion County, Indiana. Marion County, Florida.
What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
Closest Beach to Ocala – Crystal River.
What is the closest major airport to Ocala FL?
What airports are near Ocala? The closest airport is Gainesville Regional (GNV) (35.62 mi). Other nearby airports are Orlando Sanford Intl (SFB) (61.06 mi), Daytona Beach (DAB) (65.08 mi), Orlando All airports (ORL) (65.91 mi) or St. Augustine Northeast Florida Regional (UST) (71.61 mi).
What does the word Ocala mean?
The city’s name was derived from Ocali, the Timucua Indian name for the province through which Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto passed in 1539; its literal meaning is unknown. After the Seminole Wars, Ocala evolved as an agricultural (citrus, corn [maize], cotton, and livestock) centre.